Archive for the ‘libraryfind’ category

LibraryFind

September 10, 2007

Last week I got pretty frustrated with LibraryFind. My test environment is a virtualized Ubuntu server (7.04) and I was running into all kinds of errors with Yaz. At first, I tried to install the most current version from the source with the “--enable-shared” switch. The source (finally) compiled after I did some dependency resolutions. However, no matter how many different ways I compiled the software, I kept getting errors with the ruby-zoom (now just zoom) package not being able to locate yaz.so.3.

After spending more time that I really should have tracking this down, it turns out that there are some changes to the names of the debian packages. What I ended up doing was reverting to my base snapshot (one of the handiest things in virtual test environments) and installed the yaz packages with

sudo apt-get install yaz libyaz2 libyaz2-dev

Then, when I ran the libraryfind software, it stopped producing an error.  I’m not totally out of the woods yet as I can’t get any of the sources (z39.50 or OAI_PMH) to actually do anything. As soon as I get that part working, I’ll post a setup guide for Ubuntu.

Advertisements

Library Find

August 29, 2007

Stumbled across LibraryFind the other day and have been playing around trying to get it installed. I’ve not had many good experiences with Ruby based apps, but this looked really promising so I took the plunge. Unfortunately the searching doesn’t work because and just states that there was an error. Looking in the log files, it states that its “missing default helper dispatch_helper” and the record_set_helper. I also ran into a problem in the admin module when I attempted to add a target…just got a recordschema error. I ended up just writing a script to install a couple of EBSCO targets we had, but hopefully once I figure out what’s going on with the helpers, that problem will be resolved too.