Back in August 2006 I wrote about Snapper, a FireFox extension that allows you to easily take a snapshot of a selected part of a web page. Then FireFox 2.X came along and Snapper broke and no updates were found when FireFox looked.
Today – instead of working on a project – I decided to check the blogs stats for Techview and noticed that the Snapper posting consistently gets hits and that made me feel bad since I said that Snapper is still broken. I went to the FireFox add-on page for Snapper and started reading comments and found that someone had made a fix for it. Go here for the Snapper 1.3 xpi file. I did a new install on my home computer and it works fine. At work, I’ll probably uninstall the old version and then add Snapper 1.3.
Note that Snapper 1,3 does require JRE version 1.4 or later to operate properly.